Who says pizza night has to be unhealthy? With this recipe for butternut squash bacon pizza, you can enjoy all the flavors of your favorite comfort food without any of the guilt. Made dairy-free and egg-free, this pizza is also suitable for those with food allergies to those ingredients. And it’s so easy to make, you’ll wonder why you never thought of it before!
Butternut Bacon Pizza Recipe CardCourse: Dinner, LunchDifficulty: Easy
Medium Butternut Squash
6-8 Bacon Slices
Craisins (Dried Cranberries)
3 TBSP Maple Syrup
1 1/2 TBSP Earth Balance Butter (Non Dairy)
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Peel and cube butternut squash. Bring to a boil and cook until soft
- Thinly slice the onion. Carmelize onions (about 10-12 min) stirring frequently
- Cut the bacon. Cook until crispy
- Roll out your pizza dough. We like to pre-cook the dough a little before we top it. We did
this on a grill but you can also do it in the oven on a cookie shoot or a pizza stone.
- Once the squash is done strain it and then you can either blend it in a blender or mash the squash. Add in the maple syrup, earth balance butter, salt, and pepper
- Spread the squash out on the dough
- Top with bacon, onions, and craisins
- Bake in the oven at 350 for about 15 min
@farelysimple Butternut squash pizza technique. #homemadepizza #pizzalover #dairyfree #eggfree @Our1Chance #easyrecipe #farelysimple ♬ original sound - farelysimple
- We like to flame grill the crust first as it gives a great char flavor to the crush and keeps it from getting soggy in the oven.